Part-time friendly position in Zürich starting early 2023.
Application Deadline: 30 September, 2022.
Who we are
We are a Zürich-based design and development studio for human data interaction. We help organizations create experiences that make data understandable and actionable for everyone. Always putting people at the center of attention. We serve a broad range of clients in media, technology, healthcare, academia, government, and humanitarianism. Since 2010, UNESCO, OECD, WHO, Samsung, Swisscom, and many others trust us with their most ambitious work.
People who work at Interactive Things are passionate about their craft but also about collaborating with a team that brings together different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Continuous improvement is at our core; we foster an environment where people can learn from each other and contribute to every aspect of the company. Our team is open to sharing what we do and know with the wider community.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a UX/UI designer (all genders) to join our design team. You have experience working in a professional environment together with designers, developers, and stakeholders. We have no formal education requirements for this position; we’re interested in you, regardless of whether you have a design degree or are self-taught. What’s most relevant to us is that you understand how to translate user needs into product specifications, value precision in your work, and care deeply about creating elegant digital experiences.
What you’ll achieve
- Create digital products: You’ll collaborate with your colleagues to create digital products for our clients and their users from start to finish: throughout research, conception, implementation, and maintenance, you’re design expertise will shape the final result.
- Design user interfaces: You’ll focus primarily on the design of digital products that are elegant, responsive, and accessible. This includes identifying the strategy, specifying the scope, defining the structure, and designing the surface of websites and applications.
What we expect from you
- Thematic interest: You are looking forward to solving complex problems to improve people’s lives. How people interact with data will be the focus of the products you will build. You are interested in helping our clients bring the most value to their users.
- Team collaboration: You thrive in a collaborative environment where colleagues from different disciplines are happy to provide assistance but also value your input and contribution. You communicate nuanced ideas clearly and with empathy towards people with less technical know-how.
- Exploratory mindset: You enjoy diving into new areas of your craft and sharing your experience with others. Our studio offers opportunities to experiment with different tools and methods to improve how we work as a cross-functional team.
- Technical expertise: You are well-versed in user experience and user interface design and have foundational knowledge of data visualization and information design. You are comfortable in designing digital products using Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bonus points: You have experience working in an iterative product development process and integrating input from users, clients, and developers into your design workflow. You know how to plan, conduct, and document user research and user evaluation. You are familiar with prototyping tools like Principle or Framer and web technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JS. Preferably, you are a German speaker.
What we offer
- Fair pay: We offer a starting salary of CHF 88’000 per year including a comprehensive benefits package for this position.
- 40 hours workweek: We highly value a healthy work-life balance and offer a regular workweek of 40h on a 100% working schedule.
- Overtime compensation: We encourage and enable everyone on our team to compensate for overtime with personal time-off.
- Flexible work arrangement: We provide flexible working hours, the possibility to work part-time, and we are open to remote work, although some on-location presence is required.
- Paid company holidays: We offer company-wide holidays during the festive season in addition to four weeks of paid, personal vacation per year.
- Paid absences & parental leave: We offer two additional weeks of paid parental leave, including foster care and adoption. In the event of important family matters, we offer paid compassionate leave.
- Transparent salary system: We have a transparent salary and financial benefit system to ensure all employees are treated equally and fairly.
- Operating profit share: We share up to 20% of annual operating profits amongst each employee at the end of the fiscal year.
- Continuous education stipend: We sponsor the continuous education and professional development of each employee with a personal yearly budget of CHF 2’000.
- Ergonomic workspace: We supply all employees with a dedicated, ergonomic workspace and all the tools they need to conduct their work in our studio in Zürich.
- Free lunch, snacks & drinks: We cover expenses for lunch on workdays and our studio offers plenty of snacks and drinks at your discretion.
Hybrid work mode
We believe in the power of shared, collaborative spaces but also value the flexibility of working remotely. This is why we live a hybrid work mode at our company. Two days a week you will be working at our beautiful studio in Zürich equipped with your own ergonomic workspace. Here you will experience a friendly and respectful environment where people matter the most. On the other workdays, you are free to work remotely. Plus, we offer up to 8 weeks per year of full remote work, where no in-person presence at our studio is required.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important to us. We welcome all candidates irrespective of their identities, qualities, and experiences. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical conditions, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. When in doubt, please apply!
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like the right position for you, we’re looking forward to receiving your application through our online form.