Technical Product Owner
Technical Product Owner
We are on the lookout for a Technical Product Owner for our Zurich Hub! We see our Technical Product Owners as responsible for defining and suggesting the overall technical structure of a project and ensuring it runs smoothly. You’ll act as both a Technical Lead as well an overall Project Manager, overseeing web development projects and working at the forefront of it. You’ll be responsible for your own portfolio (no micromanaging here — you do you) as well as lead and guide a team of developers to build websites and software which our clients will love and you’ll be proud of.
As an Amazee, you’ll be working with a committed and open Drupal and React agency with a passion for engaging web design and digital experiences. Our services include experience design, web consulting and web development, as well as hosting and maintenance.
Great experience is key to who we are, both for our customers and our employees. We want to build great things and have fun doing it. We are proud to be a company that truly lives our values through our culture rather than lip service. We believe that offering trust, flexibility and responsibility to our employees allows them to grow faster, be happier, and perform better.
What you’ll bring:
- Align your project team with your client and their goal, and work together to build amazing things.
- Work collaboratively with both your team and your client’s technical leads in providing technical planning and solutions engineering, as well as guidance during development and deployment in areas such as; systems architecture, plugin and module selection, integration and development of APIs, performance tuning, scalability, security etc.
- Develop user stories and steer requirements engineering. Your clients will look to you as the expert, and you’ll need to translate their business needs into real life, viable solutions.
- Have experience with enterprise level web ecosystems, and enterprise web development more generally.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills, as well as German.
- Drive and guide projects with your experience in Agile methodologies (Such as SCRUM or Kanban).
- Take an innovative approach to problem solving. We want your ideas!
The following would be Amazeeng (see what we did there) but not a must. It will certainly help you get up to speed quickly though:
- Experience with Drupal, REACT, or Gatsby projects
- Previous experience working within an agency or working on similar projects in several industries.
- A combination of experience with and the ability to demonstrate to customers any or all of the following: GraphQL, REST, React, Gatsby, or Vue.js (decoupled web architectures in general), Docker, Kubernetes, or Openshift.
What we’ll bring:
- An open and trusting culture, with flexibility, work/life balance, and employee empowerment.
- A company deeply committed to Open Source Software and the Open Source Communities.
- You suggest to us how you want to spend your biennial soft and hardware budget.
- After 3 years, we want you to take a month off to do something crazy. A big trip, learn something new somewhere in the world, whatever, just make sure it’s life-changing.
- We want you to attend Conferences and Camps to extend your knowledge and have fun. As you grow, we grow.
- 1,500 CHF annual education budget for you to dedicate to your professional development
- 500 CHF annual wellbeing budget for you to dedicate to your physical or mental health.
So what’s next?:
Apply! We truly care about who you are here at Amazee though, so send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you really are as a person, your technical knowledge, and anything else you think we should know.