Technical Product Manager (m/f)
Smallpdf is the most used online PDF software and belongs to the 250 most visited website worldwide. The 6-year-old company is one of the most recognized and awarded startups in Switzerland and has the ambition to simplify the life of its customers.
As a senior team full of passion for design, engineering, and business we create remarkable user experiences. Join our cross-functional team and have a direct impact on how over 30+ million users worldwide work with documents.
As Technical Product Manager at Smallpdf you are responsible for a platform or service team. You will develop a strategy, build a roadmap and implement new services to bring our products to the next level. You will lead a small, cross-functional technical oriented product team including engineering and data specialists.
- Lead a cross-functional product team, focussed on infrastructure and technical services
- Develop forward-looking products, services and strategies
- Build, drive and manage the product roadmap
- Establish outcome driven initiatives
- Translate product strategy into user stories and/or prototypes
- Prioritize user stories based on the product strategy
- Track and improve product development
- Conduct thorough research to learn and determine what to build depending on their needs
- Outstanding and proven technical skills and understanding
- Experience building scalable and secure back-end solutions
- Knowledgable on AWS
- Experience in REST and/or gRPC API design
- Knowledge of GraphQL is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and leading a product team
- Experience using data and metrics to test assumptions and drive actions
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Work data-driven and independently
- EU-citizen or a valid work permit to work in Switzerland
- Based in Zurich or willing to relocate, this is an on-site role.
- The opportunity to impact a successful, growing scale-up and its tools used by millions worldwide.
- Work in small, highly-motivated, cross-functional teams that push boundaries.
- Enjoy company events in the Swiss Alps, on Lake Zurich, or even further afield.
- Flexible working from home policy.
- After-work events include BBQs, cinema, game nights, meet-ups, and more.
- Learn German with our free German language course.
- Hack days to challenge yourself and the team.
- Unlimited free coffee and drinks.
- Weekly team lunch on the house.
- Brand new offices in the heart of Zurich.
Rated by Forbes as one of the top 10 cities in the world for work-life balance, Zurich is the place to work for anyone who wants more out of life. From chocolate, cheese, and rӧsti to snow-capped mountains, haute couture, Swiss-made watches, and outstanding public transport, whatever it is that makes your heart beat faster, it’s all right here in Switzerland—and so is Smallpdf.
By sending your application you allow Smallpdf to handle and store your data.
Smallpdf does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Smallpdf and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.