Systems Engineer (60-100%)
Scandit is a high-growth tech startup from Switzerland with offices in Zurich, San Francisco, Boston, Warsaw, London and Tampere.
Our technology for recognizing any barcode with any standard mobile phone is leading in the market today and is used on hundreds of millions of mobile devices. To see our software in action, check out our videos.
We are now looking for a new colleague to join our infrastructure team. You will be responsible for our on-premise servers as well as our network and communication infrastructure. You will be responsible for the security and availability of all systems and services as well as keeping our infrastructure up-to-date.
As part of our Zurich-based engineering team, you will help our engineering and product management teams stay productive by making sure they have a reliable infrastructure for software development, automated software builds/testing as well as machine learning training.
What You Will Do
- Manage on-premise servers (hardware and software)
- Manage GitLab, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins installations and keep them up to date
- Manage virtualization environment (Proxmox VE, LXC, ZFS)
- Manage networking infrastructure (Meraki WiFi, VLANs, switches, pfSense firewall, VPN, cabling/patching)
- Help us manage our analytics infrastructure on AWS that processes tens of billions of scans (optional, opportunity for growth)
Who You Are
- Strong Linux skills (your .bashrc is a work of art)
- Networking skills (you own a copy of TCP/IP Illustrated)
- Strong desire to document everything you do
- Configure and automate everything with Ansible or similar
- Announce actions before doing them
What We Offer
- A highly skilled and helpful team of international researchers, scientists and engineers to work with
- An environment where you can put your enthusiasm for algorithmic challenges and cutting-edge technologies to use
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, company outings and other regular events
- A lab with state-of-the-art hardware (such as a UR robot, Microsoft Hololens, Vuzix, Google Glass, etc.)
- Flexible working hours