Senior UX/UI Designer
Our mission is to defend human rights and democracy through building software that is essential for digital freedom and privacy protection for all Internet users.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 26 million users. Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an Internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products such as ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and much more.
Proton users include leaders of the Hong Kong protest movement, New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens from over 180 countries. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Vilnius, Skopje, San Francisco, and Taipei.
About the position
As we are rapidly growing, we are now in search of a sharp and mission-driven Senior UX/UI designer to join our newly established Proton Design team. You will help us build the foundation of our future product suite and have a chance of building the design function in the company. If you enjoy fast-paced and challenging work in a mission and value-driven environment, this role is for you!
We never stop improving, take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI7hi2nVsQE&feature=youtu.be
What you will do
- Tackle complex privacy challenges with design
- Sketch, ideate and generate new concepts for industry-leading privacy products
- Work hands-on with our design team and collaborate closely with product managers and developers
- Define and apply the visual language across various platforms and devices
- Create beautiful high-fidelity designs and prototypes
- Lead and contribute to the design process
- More than 4 years of experience as Visual/Interaction Designer in an agency or in-house (please provide a link to your Portfolio)
- Ability to translate broader concepts into functional design systems and experiences
- Experience working with design systems, maybe even building one
- Ability to articulate design decisions and convey complex ideas effectively
- Attention to detail: You will ensure visual and brand consistency and quality across the product suite
- Proficiency in industry-standard design tools
Why you should join Proton
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. Proton products protect dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world