Senior Test Automation Development Engineer (80-100%)
Unblu helps the world’s leading banks and insurance companies deliver an in-person experience online. We provide highly secure engagement and collaboration software, enabling financial institutions to enrich the digital experience of their clients.
By choosing a career with Unblu you choose to join a young, international and innovation-savvy company. We are a privately held Swiss company with our head office in Basel and are becoming an increasingly international business with offices in Sofia, London, Frankfurt and NYC.
In this role you will be responsible for the product quality delivered to the customer. In particular, you will focus on the automated aspects of testing: Maintaining current tests and creating new tests for the product. We’re looking for a generalist programmer with experience in test automation and the Java ecosystem. You’re going to be working on a range of technologies and test methods; from Selenium-based browser tests to performance and access testing. We’re always extending our coverage and therefore introducing new test approaches. Your systems programming knowledge helps you while finding quality issues under specific circumstances. We want you to be the QA expert in our product development team who continuously strives to optimise and automate so that quality feedback remains reliable, complete and fast.
- Design and execute tests
- Design and implement frameworks and infrastructure for automated testing
- Design and implement automated tests
- Analyse and verify best automated and manual test approaches and execute acceptance, integration, installation and system testing
- Perform acceptance testing on release candidates and coordinate with the Product Owner to reach a release decision
- Identify and report bugs
- Collaborate with members of R&D to identify and resolve quality issues at all levels
- Contribute to any part of the code base to resolve quality issues
- Coordinate with product management and software and support engineers to deliver stable enterprise software products
- Introduce new quality related product features
To succeed in this role, we think you might need:
- Structured and methodical approach to work; able to analyse and troubleshoot software issues
- Proven work experience in software development or software quality assurance
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Work experience using Java and/or Kotlin; generally a good grasp of software design and in particular object oriented design
- Good working knowledge of Linux
- English and/or German at level B2, French is a plus
Extra kudos if you have:
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
Make sure to have a look at our Glassdoor page too – it will give you more insights to what it is like to work for us.
Unblu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
- An interesting and challenging role at the world’s leading conversational banking platform software vendor
- A high degree of personal responsibility
- Work in a friendly, international and highly motivated environment
- Competitive salary, 5 weeks holidays and flexible working hours
- Choose your own tech equipment