The Platform Services team in IT is looking for an expert who is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the server and containers hosting infrastructure and operations automation at Cembra. A wide range of engineering skills is needed to deploy, operate, tune and eventually peacefully decommission IT server and containers infrastructure services hosting.
- Responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, deployments, monitoring, emergency response, lifecycle and capacity planning of server and containers hosting infrastructure in the Bank
- Study, analyze and reverse engineer existing or new server and containers hosting environments and accountable to deliver continuous improvements
- Accountability for the server and containers hosting infrastructure technology stack including the supporting tools and services (e.g. storage, hypervisor, HCI, backup and systems management)
- Define measurements for the availability and performance of the server and containers hosting infrastructure, recognize patterns with statistical methods and suggest improvements
- Define availability targets, service level objectives, error budgets and how to spend it in order to optimize higher net promotion score and lower total cost of ownership for server and containers hosting infrastructure
- Use automation and software as a way of solving problems that had historically been solved manually
- 5 years’ experience in server automation, and 3 years with containers hosting, preferably Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Strong reverse engineering skills across different systems on diverse technology stacks
- Advanced scripting skills, knowledge of multiple scripting languages and automation frameworks
- Technical confidence for improvisational thinking in case standard operating procedures do not work anymore
- Thinking statistically, rather than procedurally, to uncloak hidden anomalies and suggest long-term solutions
- Team player and the ability to work with 3rd party vendors
- Good communication skills and an open style to provide transparency to management
- Fluent in English (spoken & written), German is an advantage
Direct applications only can be considered.