Senior Reliability Engineer
As a Reliability Engineer in DevOps , you will be part of an empowered team that plays a key role in building, automating and enhancing our cloud and container-based infrastructure. They want to work together with engineers from other teams and help them to successfully complete their code.
With 400 Employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change their way. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The DevOps infrastructure team plays a central role in scaling, automating and managing core parts of our cloud-based infrastructure. We act as „engineers for the engineers“, „helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features“. We are currently moving to a modern, container-based microservice architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Linux, Nginx, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Build and scale our cloud-based infrastructure including managing our Kubernetes clusters, logging pipelines and databases
- Ensure high availability of production and pre-production systems
- Develop software that helps with automation and handles autoscaling and failure recovery
- Actively driving initiatives towards better system design and implementation of new technologies.
- Champion our operations culture and help the engineering organization deliver high availability services for our customers.
- Experience in Linux operating systems and shell scripting
- Strong coding skills at least one programming language. We use Python, Scala and PHP among others
- Experience with automating system and server management using tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Good understanding of distributed systems, networking and container technology
- Have worked with public cloud environment like aws, on large scale deployments. Ideally in a couple of different organizations
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about helping and caring about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled with performance benchmarking and diagnostic tools
- Problem solver with strong operation skills that can quickly diagnose and pinpoint issues in a production environment