Senior Golang Engineer (m/f)
Founded in Switzerland in 2013, Smallpdf provides a simple, secure, and reliable answer to heavy, awkward PDF software, and has become the most-loved and most-trusted PDF software on the planet. We serve over 500 million users in 24 different languages, and in every country in the world—even Antarctica!
As one of the most successful startups in Switzerland, with 52 staff of 18 different nationalities, we’re on a mission to make PDF easy. We love open-source and using the latest technologies to scale our distributed application to process millions of files every day.
As a Backend Engineer at Smallpdf, you will not only contribute to our backend, but also to our infrastructure and tooling. You will work in a cross-functional development team that includes experienced frontend engineers and designers.
Our Backend Stack:
- Develop new features for Smallpdf
- Manage and automate our infrastructure that spans across more than 100 machines
- Analyze and monitor our application to spot problems
- Help designing our architecture
- Golang experience
- Work independently and take responsibility and ownership of your work
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- 3+ years of experience with software development
- Good programming skills
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Fluent in English (German is useful, but not necessary)
- Full-time position
- Based in Zurich or willing to relocate, this is an on-site role.
- Swiss or EU passport holder (or other permit that allows you to work in Switzerland)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with DevOps tools such as:
- Experience scaling (micro-) webservices to millions of users
- Experience with AWS
- The opportunity to impact a successful, growing scale-up and its tools used by millions worldwide.
- Work in small, highly-motivated, cross-functional teams that push boundaries.
- Enjoy company events in the Swiss Alps, on Lake Zurich, or even further afield.
- Flexible working from home policy.
- After-work events include BBQs, cinema, game nights, meet-ups, and more.
- Learn German with our free German language course.
- Hack days to challenge yourself and the team.
- Unlimited free coffee and drinks.
- Weekly team lunch on the house.
- Brand new offices in the heart of Zurich.
Rated by Forbes as one of the top 10 cities in the world for work-life balance, Zurich is the place to work for anyone who wants more out of life. From chocolate, cheese, and rӧsti to snow-capped mountains, haute couture, Swiss-made watches, and outstanding public transport, whatever it is that makes your heart beat faster, it’s all right here in Switzerland—and so is Smallpdf.
By sending your application you allow Smallpdf to handle and store your data.
Smallpdf does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Smallpdf and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.