We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer (f/m/d) – 80% – 100%
About the position
Our frontend developers function as a bridge between the UX/UI teams and the end users. This includes but is not limited to collaborating with the UX/UI teams for the best possible implementation approach and including their own thoughts regarding accessibility, usability, technical SEO and maintainability.
As this is a senior position we expect you to take a lead position inside a project’s frontend development team and handle both the responsibility for your own work and for the work of others in your team. Additionally you should be able to present your work in front of our clients and partners in both written and spoken English as well as German.
We are currently mostly using Vue.js and NuxtJS for the frontend application development of our web apps but your work will not be limited to these frameworks. We also have apps and websites in production which use Angular, React, Alpine, vanilla JS or jQuery.
Styling will mostly be done using sass or postcss and either component frameworks like Vuetify or self-built component libraries based on e.g. tailwindcss.
Requirements for this position
- At least 20% (one day a week) availability on-site in Basel, Switzerland
- Proficiency in spoken and written German and English
- At least three years of experience in the field of web development including working and collaborating in and with larger internal and external teams
- Swiss work permit
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- You really like web development and enjoy working with the latest technologies.
- You know how to narrow down requirements to the original problem and you can provide solution possibilities with pros and cons.
- You know when a quick solution is feasible and when not.
- You have a strong sense for quality and maintainability, but also know when it’s not feasible to apply your own quality claims.
- You enjoy coaching juniors and trainees.
- You are resilient regarding browser compatibility issues.
- You like to work and align in a team, but solo tasks and small side projects are also okay.
Who is WONDROUS?
WONDROUS is a leading digital agency in Basel, Switzerland. They say home is where the heart is. Our hearts beat for WONDROUS and our unique city.
Why you should join us:
- Culture: We celebrate team culture and believe that personal development is as important as professional development.
- Paternal leave: We offer an extra 10 days on top of the 10 the Swiss government recently made legal.
- Team Events: We organise company & friends events / after-work drinks and team excursions.
- Community: In 2017 we initiated the beloved #dxmeetup Basel and more recently the DX Podcast – both of which we’re quite proud of.
- Activities: We have plenty of ways to let off steam! Table tennis, lunch runs, gravel rides, working out at our neighbouring gym or our weekly football session.
- Food & Beverages: Weekly team lunch, free coffee, tea, fruit and ice cream.
- Location: You can work from home or remotely – part-time work is possible. Our beautiful office is located very centrally in Basel – right next to the main train station.
We work on our projects with passion and dedication. Our customers are not our employers but our partners. We enjoy easy to use, beautiful and high-performance digital products. It’s not just about having done a good job, but also about having fun at what we do together – becoming a little bit better every day.
We’d love to meet you if you feel this could be you.