Senior Backend Engineer
We’re looking for a humble, but ambitious, razor-sharp backend engineering technical leader who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take product development, cloud services research and platform engineering seriously; you’re passionate about technology and, even more so, about leadership. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
We’re searching for someone to help senior management drive technical vision, architectural guidance and provide leadership for a growing team of backend engineers in an innovative and fast paced environment. Our selection process will emphasize hands on experience and other technical or architectural skills as well as leadership/management/SDLC process/organizational skills equally. Our ideal candidate is someone who is interested in balancing their time between implementation and leadership. We’re looking for a rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal and written agility, and diplomacy which allows you too rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers and product astute product managers.
- Effectively balance technical leadership with your individual software engineering responsibilities
- Directly or indirectly drive projects and provide architectural and technical leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Continually retrospect and drive innovation within the backend development process to ensure our software engineers execute at the highest possible level
- Onboard, develop and manage backend engineers
- Work closely with the entire tech team to ensure we’re building a maintainable codebase
- Provide mentoring and guidance to backend engineers. Help create an environment for backend engineers to continually reach new heights within their career.
Our tech stack
Our backend services are mostly built with typescript on the node.js platform. GraphQL is being used to expose our API which are consumed by our React Native apps, low code tools and custom React admin interfaces. for gamification and engagement, we are exploring the realms of kafka and event streaming in a Java/Kotlin codebase. All of our environment is currently hosted in the AWS cloud.
- GraphQL / REST
- React / React Native
- Java / Kotlin
What we offer
As a member of the inside labs team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a group of young and passionate people building world-class web and mobile apps using cutting edge technologies. you will be part of a full stack team of developers, data scientists and digital engagement professionals. we expect all team members to only look at their job description as a guideline. we seek people willing and able to learn, adapt and grow into the roles needed to pursue our vision of connecting humans and technology in a meaningful way.