Interaction Designer (part-time friendly)
Who we are
We are a Zürich-based design studio with a focus on data-driven digital products. We work with a broad range of clients in journalism, healthcare, academia, finance, and government. The visualizations and applications we design and build facilitate understanding of complex topics, make people better at what they do, and solve relevant problems.
People who work at Interactive Things are passionate for their craft but also for working on a team which brings together different backgrounds, personalities and skills. Continuous improvement is at our core; we foster an environment where people can learn from each other and contribute to every aspect of the company. Our team is open to share what we know with the wider community. Be it on our blog, at conferences or by offering internships, trial apprenticeships, or at the «Zukunftstag für Mädchen».
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone to join our dedicated design team. You should have experience working in a professional environment together with other designers, developers and clients. We have no formal education requirements for this position; we’re interested in you, regardless whether you have a degree or are self-taught. What’s most relevant to us is that you are familiar with Interaction and User Interface Design, value precision in your work, and understand how to translate user needs into elegant digital experiences.
- You’re looking forward to solving complex problems to improve people’s lives
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where colleagues are happy to provide assistance but also value your input and contributions
- You love diving into new areas of your craft and sharing your experience with others
- You are experienced with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Figma, Abstract, or prototyping tools like Principle or Framer are a plus
- You have some familiarity with web technologies (HTML, CSS)
What we offer
- We have a transparent salary and financial benefit system to ensure all employees are treated equally and fairly.
- We offer generous employee benefits including up to 2 paid weeks of company holiday during festive season, budgets for conference attendance or continuous education, professional training, and public transportation. Our studio offers plenty of snacks and drinks at your discretion and we cover expenses for lunch on workdays.
- We love families (and dogs) and provide special family benefits such as 2 paid weeks of additional parental leave, flexible working hours, and the possibility to work part-time. We are also open to working from home (although some on-location presence is required).
- We provide time and assistance for self-initiated projects and research.
- You will be working at our beautiful studio in Zürich equipped with all the tools you need and your own ergonomic workspace. Here you will experience a passionate, friendly and respectful environment where people matter the most.