Head of Visual Communications / Creative Director
WayRay is a Swiss-based startup and leading developer of holographic AR technologies with offices around the world and over $100 million of investment. We are currently seeking a Creative Director to join our multinational team of bright minds.
We are a diverse team of forward-thinking individuals. Our motto is to “Think differently, go against the grain, and be brave”. We like to combine different approaches, apply knowledge from various fields, and always push the envelope.
As Creative Director, your primary goal will be to take the company’s visual communications department to a substantially higher level. This will involve building a team of A-players to help implement your strategy. You will work closely with existing team members and new hires to upgrade and refine the company’s presence abroad. This role reports directly to the CEO and is located in Zurich.
- Managing the process of creating visual and written content for various business ends.
- Developing and implementing a strategy for visual communications and creating written content.
- Project management and team management in your domain of responsibility.
- Regularly updating visual and written materials.
- Constantly reinforcing the team with talented specialists working on assignments both in-house and by outsourcing.
- Conduct an audit on the current state of design and copywriting. Identify strengths and areas for improvement/change.
- Based on the results of the audit, formulate and approve an action plan with delivery dates for improving all aspects of visual communications, including:
- updating the company brand book;
- updating the company’s corporate standards (business cards, templates for documents and presentations, etc.);
- updating the company website (content and visual style);
- developing guidelines for photo/video (with a unique style);
- developing a style for the company office (interior design and guides);
- developing a style for displays (printed handouts, designing stands, and guides);
- developing processes for web design, branding tasks and visual communications support.
- Form a team for implementing the action plan within six months after its approval. Conduct an assessment of the existing team of designers and copywriters for essential competencies/experience, assignments, strengths and areas for improvement
- determine which tasks should be completed in-house and which should be outsourced;
- develop a team structure and a plan for hiring necessary personnel;
- build a team of top-tier contractors for carrying out tasks related to video and photo production;
- build a team of top-tier contractors for carrying out tasks related to office interior design.
- Develop and approve a visual communications strategy as per the company’s goals before the end of the probationary period.
Required skills and experience
- At least 8 years’ experience in design and copywriting.
- Experience managing projects with multiple components that involve the development of various kinds of written content and visual content (photo, video, illustrations, 3D graphics, etc.).
- Experience forming and managing multifunctional teams.
- Ability to work in various visual styles.
- A feel for the stylistic DNA of the company and the ability to develop and experiment with it.
- Ability to develop creative ideas, convey them to the team and deliver them.
- Ability to quickly find the necessary resources – tools, manufacturers, suppliers, contractors and candidates for open vacancies.
- Professional knowledge of the Adobe and MS Office suites.
- English language proficiency.
- Portfolio with examples of work is required.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Strong communicator.
Do you find this role interesting and would like to join our young and dynamic team?
Please send us your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com