Head of UI/UX
Head of UI/UX
WayRay is a Swiss-based startup and a leading developer of holographic AR technologies with offices around the world and over $100 million of investment. We are currently seeking a Head of UI/UX to join our multinational team of bright minds.
We are a diverse team of forward-thinking individuals. Our motto is to „Think differently, go against the grain, and be brave“. We like to combine different approaches, apply knowledge from various fields, and always push the envelope.
AR interface development is one of the company’s main directions and, at this stage, it needs a reliable and experienced leader. As the Head of UI/UX, your primary goals will be to take the company’s AR interface development to a substantially higher level and organize a proper process for developing AR interfaces.
About 5 people work in the team and each of them contributes significantly to the team’s results. Currently, the team is located in Moscow and remotely supports all projects. We strive to develop and improve our processes continuously. This provides the right candidate an excellent opportunity to head the team, implement the best practices from your previous experience, and elevate the work of the design team to new levels.
This position is located in Zurich.
- Managing the process of creating interfaces for various business ends.
- Developing and implementing a strategy for interface development for the product line and marketing ends.
- Managing product within scope of responsibility.
- Continually reinforcing the team with talented specialists working on assignments both in-house and through outsourcing.
- Conduct an audit of the current state of UI/UX. Identify strengths and areas for improvement/change
- Based on the results of the audit, formulate and approve an action plan with a timeline that will necessarily include the following tasks:
- establish processes for working on competitive AR interfaces for embedded solutions;
- together with other departments to develop AR interfaces (software, optics, electronics, hardware);
- work on AR interfaces for product concepts;
- work on interfaces for mobile apps;
- identify the current projects for UI/UX.
- Form a team for implementing the action plan within six months after its approval:
- develop a team structure and plan for hiring missing personnel after conducting a preliminary assessment of the existing design team for essential competencies, experience, assignments, strengths and areas for improvement;
- determine which tasks should be completed in-house and which should be outsourced.
- Develop and approve a strategy for developing interfaces per the company’s goals.
Required skills and experience
- At least 8 years’ experience in UI/UX.
- Project management experience.
- Experience forming and managing multifunctional teams.
- Ability to work in various visual styles.
- A feel for the stylistic DNA of the company and the ability to develop and experiment with it.
- Ability to develop creative ideas, convey them to the team and deliver them.
- Ability to quickly find the necessary resources – tools, manufacturers, suppliers, contractors and candidates for job vacancies.
- Professional knowledge of the Adobe and MS Office suites.
- English language proficiency.
- Portfolio with examples of work is required.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
Do you find this role interesting and would like to join our creative and dynamic team?
Please send us your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org