comparis.ch is THE Swiss consumer empowerment platform and one of the most widely used websites in Switzerland. We compare the prices and products of health insurers, other insurance companies, banks, telecom providers and online stores. Our current tips and tricks on consumption topics offer users additional help in keeping an overview in the consumption jungle.
What you will do
Our marketplaces support users in their search for a home, a vehicle or phone and internet plans. Additionally we offer services around relocating and moving as well as home valuation and selling. To further develop and improve one of these applications, we are seeking a software developer to join one of our product teams. As part of a multinational Scrum team, you will be responsible for the conceptualisation, design, development, testing and review of the Comparis web applications. You will work in a .Net backend and a React frontend where you will solve interesting challenges in a variety of technologies. Working with Scrum you will actively participate in the shaping of the team and its ways of working inside the company wide Scaled Agile Framework.
Our web development tech stack:
- Visual Studio & Visual Studio Code
- React/NextJS frontend using Typescript
- .Net backend using C#
- MS SQL Database, Elasticsearch indexing
- Version control with GitHub, Fork as git client
- Kibana & Datadog for monitoring
- Software development in Scrum/SAFe using Jira
- Documentation on Confluence
- Slack and Google Workspace for collaboration
What we expect from you
- You are curious about working on big web applications with a huge user base
- You are experienced in working with Azure
- You understand Git as version control and you know Jira
- You preferably understand other technologies and tools listed in our tech stack
- You hold a degree in computer science, are currently working on one or have experience in software development
- You are familiar with agile development methodologies like Scrum (SAFe is a plus) and understand the idea of outcome driven development
- You are fluent in English and German
In return, here is what you can expect from us
- You work in an agile, competent and highly motivated multinational team
- You work in a company that is organised around the Scaled Agile Framework SAFe
- Whether old or young, trainee or CEO, we propagate a non-hierarchical culture free from any dress code
- We allow flexible working within Switzerland. We trust our employees, therefore you can flexibly arrange your home-office and office days together with the team
- Our employees are given a lot of creative freedom with personal responsibility and independence
- With useful online tools and features we try to make the life of the Swiss consumer easier
- You will find our attractive workplace near the train station Zurich Wiedikon, in the middle of good restaurants & cafes. In our own cafetaria you will find delicious food and drinks in our Boostbar fridge. Of course we offer coffee/tea, fresh fruits and in the hot summer also some ice cream
Have we triggered your interest?
What are you waiting for? Apply for this position today. If have any questions, feel free to contact Daphne, our People Recruiter, who will be pleased to help. As well as being interested in your previous education and employment, we are especially keen to know why you wish you to become part of comparis.ch. We look forward to receiving your application!
Note for recruitment agencies: we are not accepting applications for this position from agencies.
comparis.ch, Daphne Rühl, People Recruiter
Birmensdorferstrasse 108, 8003 Zürich, Tel: +41 44 360 53 73