Scandit is a fast-growing high-tech company that helps business users and consumers augment the physical world with real-time digital information through barcodes, images and other visual identifiers captured with smart devices such as smartphones, wearables, drones and robots.
Founded by a group of researchers from ETH Zurich and MIT, Scandit today works with some of the world’s most innovative and successful companies such as SBB, Coop, NASA, Samsung, DHL and Louis Vuitton. We have offices around the globe in Warsaw, Zurich, Boston and London.
Following our recent funding round led by Google Ventures, this is an exciting time to join if you truly want to be involved in the scale up of a tech-driven company.
What you will do
Together with our other team members, you will be responsible for further improving our internal analytics and licensing application and making it work in even more challenging conditions as our customer base and analytics volume grow.
- Improve and scale our analytics infrastructure (Python 3, Kafka, AWS, Docker, Druid, Spark, Linux/devops)
- Develop new features in our products (WebAssembly/C++, TypeScript)
- Create new products from scratch like collecting and processing scan images for machine learning
Who you are
- Experienced web developer (Django, Ruby on Rails or similar)
- Practical experience with devops (CI, Linux, AWS, Docker)
- Significant experience in databases, preferably with billions of records
What we offer
- A chance to work on a fun project and learn new skills (Spark for data science, API for a QA robot arm, WebAssembly, async Python)
- Unique opportunity to have an impact on how millions of people can use their smartphones to truly interact with the world around them
- A highly skilled team with more than 26 nationalities and 4 office locations globally
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, company outings, tech talks and other regular events