For our IT Development Team of Blick we are looking immediately or by appointment for a Frontend Engineer.
- Implement new features and maintain our React based application (https://blick.ch/)
- Improve and maintain our AMP application
- Work closely together with the UX team to create a product that the users love
- Improve the product quality by implementing various tests (unit, e2e and performance tests)
- Share knowledge with the rest of the frontend team
- Excellent knowledge of ReactJS and all its components
- Experience building a large-scale application
- Experience with Node.js or Next.js for server side rendering
- Experience with CSS-in-JS libraries like styled-components
- Knowledge of Google Core Web Vitals
- Excellent troubleshooting and wizardry problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and pronounced agile mindset
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of RESTful APIs, popular frontend development tools, CI/CD tools and frontend testing frameworks such as Jest
- Strong team player and fluent in English
- Help building and growing Switzerland’s most engaging media brand
- Be part of a lean, agile and highly motivated team
- Mature team structure and processes
- Responsibility and fun
- Sixteen weeks’ maternity leave and four weeks’ paternity leave with full pay. Contribution to childcare costs.
- We encourage mobile and flexible working, part-time work and job sharing wherever possible. Five weeks’ annual leave as standard. There is also the option to purchase an additional 10 days of annual leave.
- Employees benefit from a wide range of internal training courses on various topics. External training is supported in the form of financial contributions and time off. There’s a yearly Hackathon and monthly tech talks.
- The Pressehaus building in Zurich is situated in an attractive location in the heart of Zurich’s Seefeld quarter, just three minutes’ walk from Bellevue.
044 259 63 14
Ringier AG is an innovative, digitalised and diversified Swiss media company operating in Europe, Asia and Africa. Its portfolio includes around 110 subsidiaries in the print, digital media, radio, ticketing, entertainment and e-commerce sectors and leading online marketplaces.
Blick reports on everything that moves the Swiss in a clear, courageous, innovative and close manner. Since its foundation in 1959, Blick has become Switzerland’s strongest media brand. Blick reaches its users online at Blick.ch, in the Blick app and on numerous social networking channels. Blick and SonntagsBlick are published in print and e-paper format. Blick TV is the first digital channel in Switzerland. Since 2021, Blick has been present in French-speaking Switzerland. Blick’s content is consumed by more than 1.5 million people every day, hence the slogan: «Blick. I’m in.»