Part-time friendly position in Zürich starting early 2023.
Application Deadline: 30 September, 2022.
Who we are
We are a Zürich-based design and development studio for human data interaction. We help organizations create experiences that make data understandable and actionable for everyone. Always putting people at the center of attention. We serve a broad range of clients in media, technology, healthcare, academia, government, and humanitarianism. Since 2010, UNESCO, OECD, WHO, Samsung, Swisscom, and many others trust us with their most ambitious work.
People who work at Interactive Things are passionate about their craft but also about collaborating with a team that brings together different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Continuous improvement is at our core; we foster an environment where people can learn from each other and contribute to every aspect of the company. Our team is open to sharing what we do and know with the wider community.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a fullstack developer (all genders) to join our development team. You have experience working in a professional environment together with designers, developers, and stakeholders. We have no formal education requirements for this position; we’re interested in you, regardless of whether you have a computer science degree or are self-taught. What’s most relevant to us is that you care deeply about bringing a design to life, that you have a keen eye for visual detail, and understand how a good implementation enables a great user experience.
What you’ll achieve
- Create digital products: You’ll collaborate with your colleagues to create digital products for our clients and their users from start to finish: throughout research, conception, implementation, and maintenance, you’re technical expertise will shape the final result.
- Build user interfaces: You’ll focus primarily on the development of user interfaces that are elegant, responsive, and performant. This includes building individual interface and visualization components and integrating them into complete websites and applications.
- Construct APIs: You’ll design and build out backend services that deliver data to our frontend applications in an efficient, performant, and scalable manner.
What we expect from you
- Thematic interest: You are looking forward to solving complex problems to improve people’s lives. How people interact with data will be the focus of the products you will build. You are interested in helping our clients bring the most value to their users.
- Team collaboration: You thrive in a collaborative environment where colleagues from different disciplines are happy to provide assistance but also value your input and contribution. You communicate nuanced ideas clearly and with empathy towards people with less technical know-how.
- Exploratory mindset: You enjoy diving into new areas of your craft and sharing your experience with others. Our studio offers opportunities to experiment with different tools and methods to improve how we work as a cross-functional team.
- Technical expertise: You are well-versed in developing web applications using our frontend technology stack consisting of React, Next, and TypeScript. You are comfortable developing backend services using Node and have experience with relational and non-relational databases, and GraphQL.
- Bonus points: You have experience in creating data-driven interfaces and visualizations. Working knowledge of one or more visualization libraries such as d3 or visx is a plus. Preferably, you are a German speaker.
What we offer
- Fair pay: We offer a starting salary of CHF 88’000 per year including a comprehensive benefits package for this position.
- 40 hours workweek: We highly value a healthy work-life balance and offer a regular workweek of 40h on a 100% working schedule.
- Overtime compensation: We encourage and enable everyone on our team to compensate for overtime with personal time-off.
- Flexible work arrangement: We provide flexible working hours, the possibility to work part-time, and we are open to remote work, although some on-location presence is required.
- Paid company holidays: We offer company-wide holidays during the festive season in addition to four weeks of paid, personal vacation per year.
- Paid absences & parental leave: We offer two additional weeks of paid parental leave, including foster care and adoption. In the event of important family matters, we offer paid compassionate leave.
- Transparent salary system: We have a transparent salary and financial benefit system to ensure all employees are treated equally and fairly.
- Operating profit share: We share up to 20% of annual operating profits amongst each employee at the end of the fiscal year.
- Continuous education stipend: We sponsor the continuous education and professional development of each employee with a personal yearly budget of CHF 2’000.
- Ergonomic workspace: We supply all employees with a dedicated, ergonomic workspace and all the tools they need to conduct their work in our studio in Zürich.
- Free lunch, snacks & drinks: We cover expenses for lunch on workdays and our studio offers plenty of snacks and drinks at your discretion.
Hybrid work mode
We believe in the power of shared, collaborative spaces but also value the flexibility of working remotely. This is why we live a hybrid work mode at our company. Two days a week you will be working at our beautiful studio in Zürich equipped with your own ergonomic workspace. Here you will experience a friendly and respectful environment where people matter the most. On the other workdays, you are free to work remotely. Plus, we offer up to 8 weeks per year of full remote work, where no in-person presence at our studio is required.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important to us. We welcome all candidates irrespective of their identities, qualities, and experiences. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical conditions, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. When in doubt, please apply!
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like the right position for you, we’re looking forward to receiving your application through our online form.