Who we are
We are a Zürich-based design and development studio for human data interaction. We help organizations create experiences that make data understandable and actionable for everyone. Always putting people at the center of attention. We serve a broad range of clients in media, technology, healthcare, academia, government, and humanitarianism. Since 2010, UNESCO, OECD, WHO, Samsung, Swisscom, and many others trust us with their most ambitious work. People who work at Interactive Things are passionate about their craft but also about collaborating with a team that brings together different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Continuous improvement is at our core; we foster an environment where people can learn from each other and contribute to every aspect of the company. Our team is open to sharing what we do and know with the wider community. Find out more about our purpose.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a web frontend developer (all genders) to join our development team. In collaboration with colleagues from design and development, you will create digital products for our clients. Building elegant user interfaces with web technologies will be the core of your work. We have no formal education requirements for this position; we’re interested in you, regardless of whether you have a computer science degree or are self-taught. What’s most relevant to us is that you care deeply about bringing a design to life and understand how a good implementation enables a great user experience.
What you’ll achieve
- Create digital products: You’ll collaborate with your colleagues to create digital products for our clients and their users from start to finish: throughout research, conception, implementation, and maintenance, you’re technical expertise will shape the final result.
- Build user interfaces: You’ll focus primarily on the development of user interfaces that are elegant, responsive, and performant. This includes building individual interface and visualization components and integrating them into complete web sites and applications.
What we expect from you
- Thematic interest: You are looking forward to solving complex problems to improve people’s lives. How people interact with data will be the focus of the products you will build. You are interested in helping our clients bring the most value to their users.
- Team collaboration: You thrive in a collaborative environment where colleagues from different disciplines are happy to provide assistance but also value your input and contribution. You communicate nuanced ideas clearly and with empathy towards people with less technical know-how.
- Exploratory mindset: You enjoy diving into new areas of your craft and sharing your experience with others. Our studio offers opportunities to experiment with different tools and methods to improve how we work as a cross-functional team.
- Technical expertise: You are well-versed in modern web development with JS, CSS, HTML and have experience with building web applications with React or equivalent frameworks. You are familiar with our technology stack including React, Next, TypeScript, and GraphQL.
- Bonus points: You are able to integrate a web application frontend with a backend like an API, database, or headless CMS. You know how to test, deploy, monitor, and maintain web applications. You have expertise in creating data-driven interfaces and visualizations.
What we offer
- Fair pay: We offer a starting salary of CHF 76’000 – 100’000 per year including a comprehensive benefits package for this position.
- 40 hours workweek: We highly value a healthy work-life balance and offer a regular workweek of 40h on a 100% working schedule.
- Overtime compensation: We encourage and enable everyone on our team to compensate for overtime with personal time-off.
- Flexible work arrangement: We provide flexible working hours, the possibility to work part-time, and we are open to remote work, although some on-location presence is required.
- Paid company holidays: We offer company-wide holidays during the festive season in addition to four weeks of paid, personal vacation per year.
- Paid absences & parental leave: We offer two additional weeks of paid parental leave, including foster care and adoption. In the event of important family matters, we offer paid compassionate leave.
- Transparent salary system: We have a transparent salary and financial benefit system to ensure all employees are treated equally and fairly.
- Operating profit share: We share 10% of annual operating profits amongst each employee at the end of the fiscal year.
- Continuous education stipend: We sponsor the continuous education and professional development of each employee with a personal yearly budget of CHF 2’000.
- Ergonomic workspace: We supply all employees with a dedicated, ergonomic workspace and all the tools they need to conduct their work in our studio in Zürich.
- Free lunch, snacks & drinks: We cover expenses for lunch on workdays and our studio offers plenty of snacks and drinks at your discretion.
Working remotely or on-location
We believe in the power of shared, collaborative spaces. Usually, you will be working at our beautiful studio in Zürich equipped with your own ergonomic workspace. Here you will experience a friendly and respectful environment where people matter the most. During the covid-19 pandemic, we encourage working remotely and ensure that you’ll be set up for that too. Once it’s safe to get back together, we envision a two days in, three days out model.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important to us. We welcome all candidates irrespective of their identities, qualities, and experiences. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical conditions, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. When in doubt, please apply!