Do you have a passion for developing innovative user experiences on the web? Leverage your engineering passion and join our exceptional team in Zurich to build the next generation of mapping software.
- Help design and implement the UX/UI of ArcGIS Scene Viewer, the popular 3D map viewer for experts, stakeholders and the public
- Build modern UI widgets for Esri’s design system Calcite based on web components and StencilJS
- Collaborate with our Zurich colleagues from the ArcGIS Urban, CityEngine, 360VR, and game engine teams to advance the state of the art in interactive storytelling on the web
- Work closely with developers and product engineers across teams around the globe in a creative, diverse, and fun environment2+ years of industry experience in web development including hands-on team programming, and experience in building and shipping web apps
- Excellent Typescript, TSX, HTML, and SASS skills and good sense for software architecture
- Passion for detailed, innovative, and empathic UX/UI design (desktop and/or mobile)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, cartography, architecture, or a related field
- Existing work authorization for Switzerland
- Experience with one or more frameworks (e.g. React, Vue.js, Angular)
- Experience with state management systems (e.g. Redux, MobX, Recoil)
- Experience with bundlers (webpack, ESBuild, Rollup)
- Good spatial sense and an intuition for the aesthetics and technical aspects of information visualization
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS in general, with an emphasis in map design/cartography
- Knowledge of 3D tools such as Unity, Unreal Engine, Blender, CityEngine, etc.
Our Zurich team enjoys:
- Free lunches and fresh fruit
- Free coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Fun team activities
- Competitive salary – range for this position is 115K – 140K CHF depending on experience
- 40-hour work week
- Flexible working hours
- Dynamic, fast-growing international team
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today’s volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.