Engineering Manager – Reliability
We are looking for a hands-on engineering manager who wants to be a team of engineers to keep GetYourGuide reliable and scalable. You want to take on the line management of existing reliability engineers in a growing and cross-functional environment. By optimizing the reliability of the platform!
Reliability Team Mission:
The DevOps infrastructure team plays a central role in scaling, automating, and managing core parts of our cloud-based infrastructure. We act as „engineers for the engineers,“ helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features. We are currently moving to a modern, container-based microservice architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Linux, Nginx, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence, and motivation to make them
- Having a holistic approach in hiring and onboarding people to your team by sourcing and applying good interview techniques
- Helping individuals on their team to build and execute their personal development plans
- Being hands-on in the SRE area with automating and improving our infrastructure
- Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around reliability between product and infrastructure engineering teams
- Partners with other Engineering Managers across organization to achieve reliability outcomes for their services
- Be part of the platform engineering leadership team, shaping the company culture
- Drive and set the roadmap, together with our senior engineers, for our continued journey towards service-oriented and cloud-native architecture
- People skills including the ability to lead and grow engineers at all levels
- Software support, reliability, or operations engineering experience in a highly customer-focused environment
- Good understanding of cloud services, tools and technologies ( AWS, Linux, Nginx, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes )
- Strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams
- Experience in a high growth and scaling environment
- Ability to bring a collaborative partnership that drives change, and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges
- Skills in delivering team’s technical strategy and roadmap, collaborating and partnering effectively with several other teams
- Capability to lead a discussion with upper management and ability to tailor the level of technical detail to suit your audience
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the, mean time you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for at insight into the stack we’re using to change the way the world travels.