Most wanted: Data enthusiast with sharp analytical skills and a flair for automated data pipelines.
Onedot was founded in 2014 to make unstructured and messy product data easily consumable by applying self-developed artificial intelligence.
We are a rapidly growing Swiss SaaS startup offering commerce and industry the first intelligent platform to source, onboard and distribute product data. Public companies with global presence and rich history as well as some of the fastest growing e-commerce startups are part of our expanding international customer base.
At Onedot, you will embed yourself into a demanding but exceptionally inspiring distributed environment with lots of room for personal growth. We are looking for colleagues who want to have a meaningful impact and shape our trendsetting product and company. High-quality work is rewarded with a steep learning curve, lots of autonomy, responsibility and swift decision-making. Become part of a multi-cultural and multi-faceted team led by the founders. Talented, curious and committed human beings from all over the globe are looking forward to your ideas and taking you on board.
As a Data Analyst, you work at the center of Onedot’s platform offering. You easily grasp the customer’s needs and translate requirements into reliable, performant data processing solutions. Designing, implementing, configuring and testing data pipelines on top of Apache Spark to enable customers with smart ways of automated data preparation is your thing. You like hands-on working with data and are curious to learn about groundbreaking new approaches to automated product data onboarding at Onedot. Configuring and maintaining advanced data processing pipelines and training machine learning models to map, transform and classify product data at scale is a challenge you like to embrace. Insufficient data quality catches your eye and you are familiar with running iterative approaches to further improve data quality and data processing performance.
In this position, you work closely with our data engineers who design and maintain standard data pipelines, but also with software engineering and product management. Occasionally, you also interact with experts from category-, product- or content management as well as data specialists at our customers.
Onedot designs and engineers proprietary machine learning algorithms, probabilistic/statistical methods and advanced text understanding because existing approaches do not go far enough. Our technology achieves human-like performance and has already been trained with over 100 million different products.
Onedot is a startup backed by well-known international venture capital firms and world class entrepreneurs.
- Design, implement and test production-grade data flows and pipelines
- Profile product data quality of suppliers/customers, design and implement quality improvement measures
- Train, test and improve machine learning models for automated data preparation
- Understand, translate and implement customer requirements in data pipelines
- Regularly adopt latest Onedot Platform capabilities to improve data processing pipelines
- First experience as a data analyst, data engineer or business analyst
- Expertise working with state-of-the-art data science tools like Pandas, Jupyter and Big Data frameworks like Apache Spark
- Good skills in scripting languages (Shell, Python or R), data formats (Excel, CSV, JSON, XML), databases (SQL)
- Getting-things-done mentality, thriving in a fast paced environment
- Affinity to e-commerce, product data or master data management
- Understanding of machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) concepts
- Advanced German language skills, oral and written
- Performance-oriented compensation with the option to become shareholder, because we reward high-impact work
- Generous education & training budget to continuously broaden your skills
- Flexible work hours, because impact, not face-time counts
- Work from home, so that you can focus and get things done
- Strong culture promoting open feedback and personal development, to learn from each other and push forward as one team
- Standing desks, powerful hardware and two additional monitors for maximum productivity
- Cool office space right in down-town Zurich, Switzerland, because we like it cosy and comfortable
- Free snacks, drinks, coffee and other perks to keep you going
- Regular team events to foster new ideas and better get to know each other
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our teams, Onedot is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
This is a permanent remote or on-site full-time position with the option of using our offices in Zurich, Switzerland.
Sounds interesting? Apply today and we will get in touch with you shortly!