Amazee Labs is a web design, development, and maintenance agency delivering cutting-edge Open Source web solutions, across a wide range of projects and industries. From communication websites and corporate marketing to e-commerce and community platforms, we focus on bringing a great user experience, engaging design, and high performance to everything we touch.
We’re looking for a COO w/m 100% to own and further develop our business operations as an agile, innovative agency. You’ll be responsible for optimising our operating procedures and processes, as well as implementing overall business strategies to maximise efficiency and mitigate waste (both time and money), which will further support a great customer, and employee experience with Amazee Labs.
You’ll be part of the management team, developing and implementing strategies which line up with our values. You’ll present proposals for improvements, and ensure the success of daily business operations, as well as positioning us for planned scalability and growth. If you’re interested in joining an agile web design and development agency, in shaping our future successes, and have experience in operations or change management within software development, then this could be the role for you
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving strategies and change management to improve efficiencies and steer the company’s future direction.
- Overseeing the company’s operations, and ensuring a smooth running environment free of unnecessary blockages.
- Controlling company costs, and introducing initiatives or solutions to mitigate losses/write offs.
- Preparing timely and accurate financial performance reports.
- Empowering, and delegating responsibilities to support development of your team.
- Employing various initiatives to coach employees to optimise their capabilities.
What you’ll bring:
- Profound experience in change management or operations management, preferably within an agency or software development environment.
- Demonstrated experience of open, transparent, and collaborative leadership.
- Experience developing business performance and financial projections, and using these to guide strategy.
- Excellent communication skills in English, German is a plus
What we’ll bring:
- An open and trusting culture with a flat hierarchy
- 25 days paid annual leave a year
- 5 paid days off a year for conference attendance or education related commitments
- An annual education benefit to dedicate to your professional development
- An annual wellbeing benefit to dedicate to your physical or mental health
- Choose your own tech setup
- Amazee Extreme! – After 3 years, you’ll get a month paid off work to undertake a mentally or physically challenging personal project.
Location: We are open to you working from our Zürich, Hardbrücke office or remotely, working within Time Zone UTC+1
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your skills and experience, and anything else you think we should know via the link provided. We’re looking forward to it!