Golang Backend Engineer (m/f)
Smallpdf is the most used online PDF software and belongs to the 500 most visited website worldwide. The 5-year-old company is one of the most recognized and awarded startups in Switzerland and has the ambition to simplify the life of its customers.
As a senior team full of passion for design, engineering, and business we create remarkable user experiences. Join our cross-functional team and have a direct impact on how over 20 million users worldwide work with documents.
We love open-source and using the latest technologies to scale our distributed application to process millions of files every day. As a backend engineer at Smallpdf, you will not only contribute to our backend but also to our infrastructure and tooling. You will work in a cross-functional development team that includes experienced frontend engineers and designers.
Our Backend Stack
Full stack on Stackshare Responsibilities
- Develop new features for Smallpdf
- Manage and automate our infrastructure that spans across more than 100 machines
- Analyze and monitor our application to spot problems
- Help designing our architecture
- Golang Experience
- Work independently and take responsibility and ownership of your work
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- 5+ years of experience with software development
- Good programming skills
- Good knowledge of linux
- Fluent in English (German is useful but not necessary)
- Full-time position
- Permanently based in Zurich (or willing to move)
- Swiss or EU passport holder (or other permit that allows you to work in Switzerland)
Nice to Have
- Experience with DevOps tools such as
- Experience scaling (micro-) webservices to millions of users
- Experience with AWS
- The chance to personally impact a successful & rapidly growing startup
- Tricky challenges scaling a high-traffic web application
- Work in small teams that have direct impact on tools that are used by million of users
- Become part of a highly motivated and international team that pushes boundaries
- Fun company events, such as snowshoe hikes in the Swiss Alps, wake-surfing on lake Zurich, after work BBQs and more!
- Free German language course
- Regular Hack Days to challenge yourself
- Nice rooftop office in central Zurich
Do you like the job please apply here. By sending your application you allow Smallpdf to handle and store your data.