We are looking for an outstanding Backend Developer to join our team to help us build, design and maintain container-based microservices.
The Backend Developer does not need to be an expert in all areas, but rather have a broad range of experiences in different areas with excellent team and communication skills.
To join our team, you meet the following criteria:
- Computer science degree or comparable job experience
- Familiar with / or strongly willing to learn Golang
- Good knowledge in:
– building REST APIs
– application architecture patterns
– JSON and/or YAML
- Known to the use and setup of message-oriented-middleware
- Knowledge of container-based (Docker) applications advantageous
- Very good writing and communication skills in English – German a plus
- Be allowed to work in Switzerland (EU/EFTA citizens only)
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Linux (or iOS) and some of its languages: Bash/csh, Perl, awk, sed
- Using modern development tools on: e.g. git/bitbucket, JIRA & the Atlassian suite
- writing API docs (Apiary or similar)
- SQL and NoSQL databases
To get a better understanding of this position, please see below for a list of typical tasks and projects you could be working on:
- Make software architectural as well as operational decisions
- Develop container-deployable microservices, with focus on robustness, scalability, and security
- Use message-oriented-middleware as your central hub
- Create APIs for our services to be used by other developers
- Introduce creative concepts in order to solve customer needs
- Extend system documentation and design recovery plans
- Help customers with technical requests and troubleshoot issues
Interested? We would love to hear from you.
Please apply via email ( firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include links to any projects you worked on, your GitHub or StackOverflow profile or similar.